Hi, list,

  I found on the ceph FAQ that, ceph kernel client should not run on machines
belong to ceph cluster.
  As ceph FAQ metioned, “In older kernels, Ceph can deadlock if you try to
mount CephFS or RBD client services on the same host that runs your test Ceph
cluster. This is not a Ceph-related issue.”
  Here it says that there will be deadlock if using old kernel version.
  I wonder if anyone knows which new kernel version solve this loopback mount
deadlock.
  It will be a great help since I do need to use rbd kernel client on the ceph
cluster.

  As I search more informations, I found two articals
https://lwn.net/Articles/595652/ <https://lwn.net/Articles/595652/> and
https://lwn.net/Articles/596618/ <https://lwn.net/Articles/596618/>  talk about
supporting nfs loopback mount,it seems they do effort not on memory management
only, but also on nfs related codes, I wonder if ceph has also so some effort
on kernel client to solve this problem. If ceph did, could anyone help provide
the kernel version with the patch?

Thanks.

van
chaofa...@owtware.com