> On 18 Aug 2015, at 13:58, Nick Fisk <n...@fisk.me.uk> wrote:

Hmmm...

RBD -> PG -> objects

stripe_unit (more commonly called "stride") bytes are put into strip_count
objects - not OSDs, but it's possible you'll hit all OSDs with a small enough
stride and large enough stripe_count...
I have no idea how well that works in practice on current Ceph releases, my
Dumpling experience is probably useless here.

So we're back at striping with mdraid I guess ... :)