Hi!

I think, that renaming cluster - is not only mv config file. We try to change
name of test Hammer
cluster, created with ceph-deploy and got some issues.

In default install, naming of many parts are derived from cluster name. For
example, cephx keys are
stored not in "ceph.client.admin.keyring", but
"$CLUSTERNAME.client.admin.keyring", so we
have to rename keyrings also.

The same thing is for OSD/MON mounting points: instead
/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$OSDNUM,
after renaming cluster, daemons try to run OSD from
/var/lib/ceph/osd/$CLUSTERNAME-$OSDNUM.
Of course, there are no such mountpoints and we manually create them, mount fs
and re-run OSDs.

There is one unresolved issue with udev rules: after node reboot, filesystems
are mounted by udev
into the old mountpoints. As the cluster is for testing - this is not a big
thing.

So, be carefull while renaming production or loaded cluster.

PS: All above is my IMHO and I may be wrong. ;)

Megov Igor
CIO, Yuterra