Thanks guys for the pointers to this Intel thread:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77801

It looks promising. I intend to update the firmware on disks in one
node tonight and will report back after a few days to a week on my
findings.

I've also posted to that forum and will update there too.

Regards,

Richard