De : CHEVALIER Ghislain IMT/OLPS
Envoyé : jeudi 8 octobre 2015 10:47
À : ceph-users; ceph-de...@vger.kernel.org
Objet : RE: [ceph-users] Placement rule not resolved

HI all,

I didn't notice that osd reweight for ssd was curiously set to a low value.
I don't know how and when these values were set so low.
Our environment is Mirantis-driven and the installation was powered by fuel and
puppet.
(the installation was run by the openstack team and I checked the ceph cluster
configuration afterwards)

After reweighing them to 1, the ceph-cluster is working properly.
Thanks to object lookup module of inkscope, I checked that the osd allocation
was ok.

What is not normal is that crush tried to allocated osd that are not targeted
by the rule in that case sas disks instead of ssd disks?
Must the cluster normal behavior ,i.e. the pg allocation, be  to be frozen?
I can say that because if I analyze the stuck pgs (inkscope module) and noticed
that osd allocation for these pgs were either not correct (acting list) or
uncomplete.

Best regards