Bill,

Thanks for the explanation – that helps a lot.  In that case, I actually want
the 10.174.1.0/24 network to be both my cluster and my public network, because
I want all “heavy” data traffic to be on that network.  And by “heavy”, I mean
large volumes of data, both normal Ceph client traffic and OSD-to-OSD
communication.  Contrast this with the more “control plane” connections between
the MONs and the OSDs, which we intend to go over the lighter-weight management
network.

The documentation seems to indicate that the MONs also communicate on the
“public” network, but our MONs aren’t currently on that network (we were
treating it as an OSD/Client network).  I guess I need to put them on that
network…?

Thanks.

Jon Heese
Systems Engineer
INetU Managed Hosting
P: 610.266.7441 x 261
F: 610.266.7434
www.inetu.net<https://www.inetu.net>
** This message contains confidential information, which also may be
privileged, and is intended only for the person(s) addressed above. Any
unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure of confidential and/or
privileged information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
attachments and notify the sender immediately via reply e-mail. **