On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 6:57 AM, Burkhard Linke
<burkhard.li...@computational.bio.uni-giessen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/09/2015 02:07 PM, Burkhard Linke wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>
> *snipsnap*
>

>> Cluster is running Hammer 0.94.5 on top of Ubuntu 14.04. Clients use
>> ceph-fuse with patches for improved page cache handling, but the problem
>> also occur with the official hammer packages from download.ceph.com
>
> I've tested the same setup with clients running kernel 4.2.5 and using the
> kernel cephfs client. I was not able to reproduce the problem in that setup.

What's the workload you're running, precisely? I would not generally
expect multiple accesses to a sqlite database to work *well*, but
offhand I'm not entirely certain why it would work differently between
the kernel and userspace clients. (Probably something to do with the
timing of the shared requests and any writes happening.)
-Greg