Hi Guys,

Now we have a very small cluster with 3 OSDs but using 40Gb NIC. We use
ceph-fuse as cephfs client and enable readahead,
but testing single reading a large file from cephfs via fio, dd or cp can only
achieve ~70+MB/s, even if fio or dd's block size is set to 1MB or 4MB.

From the ceph client log, we found each read request's size (ll_read) is
limited to 128KB,
which should be the limitation of kernel fuse's FUSE_MAX_PAGES_PER_REQ = 32.

We may try to increase this value to see the performance difference, but are
there other options we can try to increase single read performance?

Thanks.
Zhi Zhang (David)