Hi Yehuda/RGW experts,
I have one cluster with RGW up and running in the customer site.
I did some heavy performance testing on that with CosBench and as a result
written significant amount of data to showcase performance on that.
Over time, customer also wrote significant amount of data using S3 api into the
cluster.
Now, I want to remove the buckets/objects created by CosBench and need some
help on that.
I ran the following command to list the buckets.

"radosgw-admin bucket list"

The output is the following snippet..

    "rgwdef42",
    "rgwdefghijklmnop79",
    "rgwyzabc43",
    "rgwdefgh43",
    "rgwdefghijklm200",

My understanding is , cosbench should create containers with "mycontainers_<n>"
 and objects with format "myobjects_<n>" prefix (?). But, it's not there in the
output of the above command.

Next, I tried to list the contents of the different rgw pools..

rados -p .rgw.buckets.index ls

.dir.default.5407.17
.dir.default.6063.24
.dir.default.6068.23
.dir.default.6046.7
.dir.default.6065.44
.dir.default.5409.3

Nothing with rgw prefix...Shouldn't the bucketindex objects having similar
prefix with bucket names ?

Now, tried to get the actual objects...
rados -p .rgw.buckets ls

default.6662.5_myobjects57862
default.5193.18_myobjects6615
default.5410.5_myobjects68518
default.6661.8_myobjects7407
default.5410.22_myobjects54939
default.6651.6_myobjects23790

So, looking at these, it seems cosbench run is creating the .dir.default.<n>*
buckets and the default.<n>_myobjects<n>* objects (?)

But, these buckets are not listed by the first "radosgw-admin" command, why ?

Next, I listed the contents of the .rgw pool and here is the output..

rados -p .rgw ls

.bucket.meta.rgwdefghijklm78:default.6069.18
rgwdef42
rgwdefghijklmnop79
rgwyzabc43
.bucket.meta.rgwdefghijklmnopqr71:default.6655.3
rgwdefgh43
.bucket.meta.rgwdefghijklm119:default.6066.25
rgwdefghijklm200
.bucket.meta.rgwxghi2:default.5203.4
rgwxjk17
rgwdefghijklm196

It seems this pool has the buckets listed by the radosgw-admin command.

Can anybody explain what is .rgw pool supposed to contain ?

Also, what is the difference between .users.uid and .users pool ?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks & Regards
Somnath