This is an interesting topic that i've been waiting for.

Right now we run the journal as a partition on the data disk. I've build drives
without journals and the write performance seems okay but random io performance
is poor in comparison to what it should be.

Tyler Bishop
Chief Technical Officer
513-299-7108 x10

tyler.bis...@beyondhosting.net

If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited.