On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 12:43:52PM -0700, Austin Johnson wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm running a small infernalis cluster.
>
> I think I've either a) found a bug, or b) need to be retrained on how to
> use a keyboard. ;)
>
> For some reason I cannot get a radosgw daemons (using upstart) to accept a
> config change through the "ceph-deploy config push" method.
>
> If I start radosgw through the init.d script - seemingly - it will grab
> config parameters from /etc/ceph/ceph.conf. If I use upstart, it pretends
> like the config file doesn't exist.
>
> Are there additional options that need to be used on the upstart script to
> help radosgw to know that a config exists? Currently I'm using "sudo start
> radosgw-all" per the documentation.
>
> Can anybody else reproduce?

Hi Austin,

Just a thought, but is it possible that upstart has started radosgw with
a '--name' argument that does not match what is in ceph.conf? I had this
experience
with systemd where radosgw was being started as:

/usr/bin/radosgw -f --cluster ceph --name client.sle12-ses3-1 --setuser ceph
--setgroup ceph

But rgw options in ceph.conf were under: [client.radosgw.sle12-ses3-1]

--
Regards,
Karol