From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] On Behalf Of Vickey
Singh
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:55 AM
To: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com; ceph-users
Subject: [ceph-users] Extra RAM to improve OSD write performance ?

Hello Community

Happy Valentines Day ;-)

I need some advice on using EXATA RAM on my OSD servers to improve Ceph's write
performance.

I have 20 OSD servers each with 256GB RAM and 6TB x 16 OSD's, so assuming
cluster is not recovering, most of the time system will have at least ~150GB
RAM free. And for 20 machines its a lot ~3.0 TB RAM

Is there any way to use this free RAM to improve write performance of cluster.
Something like Linux page cache for OSD write operations.

I assume that by default Linux page cache can use free memory to improve OSD
read performance ( please correct me if i am wrong). But how about OSD write
improvement , How to improve that with free RAM.

PS : My Ceph cluster's workload is just OpenStack Cinder , Glance , Nova for
instance disk

- Vickey -

PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this message in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies
of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically
stored copies).