Hi Mike,

Am 21.04.2016 um 09:07 schrieb Mike Miller:
Hi Nick and Udo,

thanks, very helpful, I tweaked some of the config parameters along the line Udo suggests, but still only some 80 MB/s or so.
this mean you have reached factor 3 (this are round about the value I see with single thread on RBD too). Better than nothing.

Kernel 4.3.4 running on the client machine and comfortable readahead configured

$ sudo blockdev --getra /dev/rbd0
262144

Still not more than about 80-90 MB/s.
they are two possibilities for read-ahead.
Take a look here (and change with echo)
cat /sys/block/rbd0/queue/read_ahead_kb

Perhaps there are slightly differences?

For writing the parallelization is amazing and I see very impressive speeds, but why is reading performance so much behind? Why is it not parallelized the same way writing is? Is this something coming up in the jewel release? Or is it planned further down the road?
If you read an big file and clear your cache ("echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches") on the client, is the second read very fast? I assume yes. In this case the readed data is in the cache on the osd-nodes... so tuning must be there (and I'm very interesting in improvements).

Udo