Dear All...

Our infrastructure is the following:

   - We use CEPH/CEPHFS (9.2.0)
   - We have 3 mons and 8 storage servers supporting 8 OSDs each.
   - We use SSDs for journals (2 SSDs per storage server, each serving
   4 OSDs).
   - We have one main mds and one standby-replay mds.
   - We are using ceph-fuse client to mount cephfs.

We are on our way to prepare an upgrade to Jewel 10.2.1 since CephFS is announced as production and ceph-fuse does has ACL support (which is something we do need).

I do have a couple questions regarding the upgrade procedure:

   *1) Can we jump directly from 9.2.0 to 10.2.1? Or should we go
   through all the intermediate releases (9.2.0 --> 9.2.1 --> 10.2.0
   --> 10.2.1)?**
   **
   **2) The upgrade procedure establishes that the upgrade order should
   be: 1) MONS, 2) OSDs, 3) MDS and 4) Clients.**
   **   2.1) Can I upgrade / restart each MON independently? Or should
   I shutdown all MONs and only restart the services all are in the
   same version?**
   **   2.2) I am guessing that it is safe to keep OSDS in server B
   running (under 9.2.0) while we upgrade OSDS in server B to a newer
   version. Can you please confirm?**
   **   2.3) Finally, can I upgrade / restart each MDS independently?
   If yes, is there a particular order (like first the standby-replay
   one and then the main one)? Or should I shutdown all MDS services
   (making sure that no clients are connected) and only restart the
   services when all are in the same version?*

Thank you for your answers
Cheers
Goncalo

--