Hi Em,

its highly recommanded to bring the journals on SSDs

considering

https://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/10/10/ceph-how-to-test-if-your-ssd-is-suitable-as-a-journal-device/

---

Also, if you like speed, its highly recommanded to use cache tier

---

Create the pool with a not too much high pg_num value. You can increase
it anytime. But you can not decrease it just like that. Also your
cluster will stop working if the PG / OSD ratio is too high.

---

You must create different pools for rbd and cephfs, but the
documentation will anyway inform you about that.

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/jewel/rados/

is in general a very good start point.

I suggest you to read it, and i mean read, not just flying over it.

And after you read it, read it again, because for sure you missed some
useful informations.

Good luck !

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:i...@ip-interactive.de

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic