I've seen the Ansible before  but not in detail for that.
I also have tried to run quick guide for development.
It did not work on my VM that I already install ceph inside it.

the error is :

 agung@arrasyid:~/ceph/ceph/src$ ./vstart.sh -d -n -x
** going verbose **
[./fetch_config /tmp/fetched.ceph.conf.3818]
./init-ceph: failed to fetch config with './fetch_config
/tmp/fetched.ceph.conf.3818'

Do I need to use a vanilla ceph to make vstart.sh work?

When I learn a cloud system, usually I compile
the source code,  run in pseudo-distributed, modify the code
and add prints somewhere, recompile and re-run the system.
Might this method work for exploring ceph?

--
Cheers,

Agung Laksono