> Op 13 aug. 2016 om 03:19 heeft Bill Sharer <bsha...@sharerland.com> het
> volgende geschreven:
>
> If all the system disk does is handle the o/s (ie osd journals are on
> dedicated or osd drives as well), no problem.  Just rebuild the system and
> copy the ceph.conf back in when you re-install ceph.  Keep a spare copy of
> your original fstab to keep your osd filesystem mounts straight.

With systems deployed with ceph-disk/ceph-deploy you no longer need a fstab.
Udev handles it.

> Just keep in mind that you are down 11 osds while that system drive gets
> rebuilt though.  It's safer to do 10 osds and then have a mirror set for the
> system disk.

In the years that I run Ceph I rarely see OS disks fail. Why bother? Ceph is
designed for failure.

I would not sacrifice a OSD slot for a OS disk. Also, let's say a additional OS
disk is €100.

If you put that disk in 20 machines that's €2.000. For that money you can even
buy a additional chassis.

No, I would run on a single OS disk. It fails? Let it fail. Re-install and
you're good again.

Ceph makes sure the data is safe.

Wido