Thanks for pointing that out, since it is incorrect for (semi-)modern
QEMUs. All configuration starts and the Ceph defaults, are overwritten
by your ceph.conf, and then are further overwritten by any
QEMU-specific override.  I would recommend retesting with
"cache=writeback" to see if that helps.

--
Jason