Thanks - that is more in line with what I was looking for, being able to
suppress backfills/rebalancing until a host/hosts full set of OSDs are up and
ready.

Confidentiality: This email and any attachments are confidential and may be
subject to copyright, legal or some other professional privilege. They are
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). They may
only be copied, distributed or disclosed with the consent of the copyright
owner. If you have received this email by mistake or by breach of the
confidentiality clause, please notify the sender immediately by return email
and delete or destroy all copies of the email. Any confidentiality, privilege
or copyright is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by
mistake.