From: ceph-users [ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] on behalf of gjprabu
[gjpr...@zohocorp.com]
Sent: 16 December 2016 18:18
To: gjprabu
Cc: ceph-users; Siva Sokkumuthu
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] cephfs quota

Hi David,

            Now we are mounted client using ceph-fuse and still allowing me to
put a data above the limit(100MB). Below is quota details.

getfattr -n ceph.quota.max_bytes test
# file: test
ceph.quota.max_bytes="100000000"

ceph-fuse      fuse.ceph-fuse  5.3T  485G  4.8T  10% /mnt/test

du -sh test
1.9G test

Regards
Prabu GJ

---- On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:18:46 +0530 gjprabu <gjpr...@zohocorp.com> wrote
----

Hi David,

            Thanks for your mail, We are currently using Linux kernel CephFS,
Is it possible to use ceph-fuse without disturbing current setup.

Regards
Prabu GJ

---- On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 15:55:12 +0530 David Disseldorp
<dd...@suse.de<mailto:dd...@suse.de>> wrote ----

Hi Prabu,

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 13:11:50 +0530, gjprabu wrote:

> We are using ceph version 10.2.4 (Jewel) and data's are mounted with cephfs
> file system in linux. We are trying to set quota for directory and files but
> its don't worked with below document. I have set 100mb for directory quota
> but after reaching keep me allowing to put the data in that location. Highly
> appreciate any one help on this issue.

Are you using the Linux kernel CephFS client (mount.ceph), or the
userspace ceph-fuse back end? Quota enforcement is performed by the
client, and is currently only supported by ceph-fuse.

Cheers, David