On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Marius Vaitiekunas
<mariusvaitieku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub <yeh...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Marius Vaitiekunas
>> <mariusvaitieku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Cephers,
>> >
>> > We are testing rgw multisite solution between to DC. We have one
>> > zonegroup
>> > and to zones. At the moment all writes/deletes are done only to primary
>> > zone.
>> >
>> > Sometimes not all the objects are replicated.. We've written prometheus
>> > exporter to check replication status. It gives us each bucket object
>> > count
>> > from user perspective, because we have millions of objects and hundreds
>> > of
>> > buckets. We just want to be sure, that everything is replicated without
>> > using ceph internals like rgw admin api for now.
>> >
>> > Is it possible to initiate full resync of only one rgw bucket from
>> > master
>> > zone? What are the options about resync when things go wrong and
>> > replication
>> > misses some objects?
>> >
>> > We run latest jewel 10.2.5.
>>

>> There's the 'radosgw-admin bucket sync init' command that you can run
>> on the specific bucket on the target zone. This will reinitialize the
>> sync state, so that when it starts syncing it will go through the
>> whole full sync process. Note that it shouldn't actually copy data
>> that already exists on the target. Also, in order to actually start
>> the sync, you'll need to have some change that would trigger the sync
>> on that bucket, e.g., create a new object there.
>>
>> Yehuda
>>

> Great! I guess 'radosgw-admin data sync init' initiates whole zone data
> sync,  'radosgw-admin metadata sync init' metadata sync on some trigger?

Yes

> And when should we use 'radosgw-admin data/metadata sync run' ?

Don't really need to run it, it's for doing the same sync work that
the radosgw process does. Can be used maybe if radosgw process itself
is down but still want to have metadata sync. This was a useful tool
when developing the feature, but not too useful at this point.

Yehuda