On 03/23/2017 07:32 PM, Dongsheng Yang wrote:
Hi Christoph,

On 03/23/2017 07:16 PM, Christoph Adomeit wrote:
Hello List,

i am wondering if there is meanwhile an easy method in ceph to find more information about rbd-images.

For example I am interested in the modification time of an rbd image.

Do you mean some metadata changing? such as resize?

If you mean metadata changing, I think this command would be enough:
$ rados -p rbd stat rbd_header.11e3238e1f29
rbd/rbd_header.11e3238e1f29 mtime 2017-03-23 19:31:52.000000, size 0

Or any write to this image?

But if you want this one, I am afraid it's not so handy currently. maybe
 going through the all data blocks of this image and sorting the mtime
of them would be workable.

Thanx
Yang

I found some posts from 2015 that say we have to go over all the objects of an rbd image and find the newest mtime put this is not a preferred solution for me. It takes to much time and too many system resources.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks
   Christoph