All of the features you are talking about likely require the exclusive-lock
which requires the 4.9 linux kernel.  You cannot map any RBDs that have
these features enabled with any kernel older than that.

The features you can enable are layering, exclusive-lock, object-map, and
fast-diff.  You cannot enable deep-flatten on any RBD ever.  RBD's can only
be created with that feature.  You may need to enable these in a specific
order.  I believe that the order I have the features listed is the order
you need to enable them in, at least that order should work.