Hey,

I am just playing around with luminous RC. As far as I can see it works nice.

Studying around I found the following discussion about wal and block db size:
http://marc.info/?l=ceph-devel&m=149978799900866&w=2

Creating an osd with the following command:
ceph-deploy osd create --bluestore --block-db=/dev/sdj --block-wal=/dev/sdj
osd01:/dev/sdb

creates wal of 576M and block db of 1G. In my scenario /dev/sdj is a SSD.

In the discussion mentioned above it is said that bluestore automatically roles
rocksdb data over to the hdd when the block db gets full and performance
decreases.

So what are good values for wal and blockdb? Is there any documentation for
this? I can hardly find information on this topic.

Thank you.
Tobias