Hi Alexandre,

Yeah we are using filestore for the moment with luminous. With regards to
client, I tried both jewel and luminous librbd versions against the
luminous cluster - similar results.

I am running fio on a physical machine with fio rbd engine. This is a
snippet of the fio config for the runs (the complete jobfile adds
variations of read/write/block size/iodepth).

[global]
ioengine=rbd
clientname=cinder-volume
pool=rbd-bronze
invalidate=1
ramp_time=5
runtime=30
time_based
direct=1

[write-rbd1-4k-depth1]
rbdname=rbd-tester-fio
bs=4k
iodepth=1
rw=write
stonewall

[write-rbd2-4k-depth16]
rbdname=rbd-tester-fio-2
bs=4k
iodepth=16
rw=write
stonewall

Raf

On 20 September 2017 at 16:43, Alexandre DERUMIER <aderum...@odiso.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> so, you use also filestore on luminous ?
>
> do you have also upgraded librbd on client ? (are you benching inside a
> qemu machine ? or directly with fio-rbd ?)
>

> (I'm going to do a lot of benchmarks in coming week, I'll post results on
> mailing soon.)

*Rafael Lopez*
Research Devops Engineer
Monash University eResearch Centre

T: +61 3 9905 9118
M: +61 (0)427682670 <%2B61%204%2027682%20670>
E: rafael.lo...@monash.edu