> In my case, the replica-3 and k2m2 are stored on the same spinning disks.

That is exactly what I meant by same pool.  The only way for a cache to
make sense would be if the data being written or read will be modified or
heavily read for X amount of time and then ignored.

If things are rarely read, and randomly so, them prompting then into a
cache tier just makes you wait for the object to be promoted to cache
before you read it once or twice before it sits in there until it's demoted
again.  If you have random io and anything can really be read next, then a
cache tier on the same disks as the EC pool will only cause things to be
promoted and demoted for no apparent reason.

You can always test this for your use case and see if it helps enough to
create a pool and tier that you need to manage or not. I'm planning to
remove my cephfs cache tier once I upgrade to Luminous as I only have it as
a requirement. It causes me to show down my writes heavily as eviction io
is useless and wasteful of cluster io for me.  I haven't checked on the
process for that yet, but I'm assuming it's a set command on the pool that
will then allow me to disable and remove the cache tier.  I mention that
because if it is that easy to enable/disable, then testing it should be
simple and easy to compare.