>[Questions to the list]
>How is it possible that the cluster cannot repair itself with ceph pg repair?
>No good copies are remaining?
>Cannot decide which copy is valid or up-to date?
>If so, why not, when there is checksum, mtime for everything?
>In this inconsistent state which object does the cluster serve when it doesn't know which one is the valid?

I am asking the same questions too, it seems strange to me that in a fault tolerant clustered file storage like Ceph there is no documentation about this.

I know that I am pedantic but please note that saying "to be sure use three copies" is not enough because I am not sure what Ceph really does when three copies are not matching.