> Can anyone advice on a erasure pool config to store
>
> - files between 500MB and 8GB, total 8TB
> - just for archiving, not much reading (few files a week)
> - hdd pool
> - now 3 node cluster (4th coming)
> - would like to save on storage space
>
> I was thinking of a profile with jerasure  k=3 m=2, but maybe this lrc
> is better? Or wait for 4th node and choose k=4 m=2?

Just to keep in mind:

In a three node setup with k=3 and m=2 you will have to set the failure
domain to 'osd' (the default failure domain of 'host' would require 5 nodes)
Furthermore when using 'osd' as failure domain you would probably have
(some) inaccessable data when a node reboots and/or fails since there is a
chance 3 (or more) out of 5 chunks are on the same node.
Same goes for 4 nodes and k=4 m=2 (failure domain host would require 6
nodes)

Caspar