Hi,
not a real HAL, but keeping this list [1] in mind is mandatory.

According to me, use roughly any kind of Intel SSD :3750 in SATA or best
3700 in MVNE.
Avoid any Samsung pro or EVO  of nearly any kind.(Haven't found a link,
sorry)

My 2 cents

[1] :
https://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/10/10/ceph-how-to-test-if-your-ssd-is-suitable-as-a-journal-device/