Hey Cephers,

As many of you know, we've just announced the Cephalocon APAC 2018
which happens on Beijing on March 22 and 23 at the JW Marriott Hotel,
as well the Call for Proposals, that is acceptig talks until January
31, 2018.

This is a project we've been working for a long time now and that we
unfortunately had to cancel in 2017 due several reasons. Fortunately
this community is made by people driven by a great passion for this
project and a brave group of volunteers in China decided to pursue
the challenge and organize the very first Cephalocon the world will
see!

Having the Cephalacon happening in China will allow us to reach the
vibrant community of contributors, users and companies which have
been helping this project to grow fast, and develop a closer
relationship with them. This will bring a lot of benefits for Ceph
project and also provide a great experience to everyone joining us at
the conference.

At the moment we have a lot of work to be done, including help the
organization team in Beijing on tasks like finding Sponsors (we have
around 70% of all sponsorship packages sold so far, but we need to work
in order to meet the goal and have the conference expenses covered),
provide the travel information (visas, flights, hotels etc) and
obviously promoting the event so we can reach more people and have a
great attendance.

The team in Beijing is working with a local company called DoIT which
created a website[2] containing details about the conference and this
information is being progressively synced to Ceph.com so we will have
a lot of changes and announcements on upcoming weeks.

If you have any questions about the conference feel free to contact me
through this email, IRC (Lvaz on OFTC and Freenode) or on any social
media channel use by Ceph. I will be happy to answer to all questions.

Kindest regards,

Leo

[1] https://ceph.com/cephalocon
[2] http://cephalocon.doit.com.cn/index_en.html