> Given that this will move data around (I think), should we increase the
> pg_num and pgp_num first and then see how it looks?

I guess adding pgs and pgps will move stuff around too, but if the PGCALC
formula says you should have more then that would still be a good
start. Still, a few manual reweights first to take the 85-90% ones down
might be good, some move operations are going to refuse adding things
to too-full OSDs, so you would not want to get accidentally bumped above
such a limit due to some temp-data being created during moves.

Also, dont bump pgs like crazy, you can never move down. Aim for getting
~100 per OSD at most, and perhaps even then in smaller steps so
that the creation (and evening out of data to the new empty PGs) doesn't
kill normal client I/O perf in the meantime.