Hi,

at the moment we use ceph with one big rbd pool and size=4 and use a rule to ensure that 2 copies are in each of our two rooms. This works great for VMs. But there is some big data which should be stored online but a bit cheaper. We think about using cephfs for it with erasure coding and k=4 and m=4. How would the placement of the chunks work, I mean is the above possible for erasure coding also?

In addition, is there anybody out there using cephfs with erasure coding in big scale (hundreds of TB) and who can tell me something about his/her experience on stability?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis