Hi Wido,

Thank you for attention!
> 在 2018年3月8日,下午4:21,Wido den Hollander <w...@42on.com> 写道:
>

> On 03/08/2018 08:01 AM, 赵贺东 wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Every time after we activate osd, we got “Structure needs cleaning” in
>> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-xxx/current/meta.
>> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-xxx/current/meta
>> # ls -l
>> ls: reading directory .: Structure needs cleaning
>> total 0
>> Could Anyone say something about this error?
>
> Seems like XFS is broken. I recommend that you wipe that OSD and reformat it
> with ceph-disk/ceph-volume.
Because our ceph is run on ubuntu14.04, ceph-volume needs systemd(systemd only
on ubuntu16.04) support.
It makes things more complicated
<https://www.baidu.com/link?url=OL-zDyiJiJ8lOa8YqhK2_1G06uN0hDodfehGkxeoxyMn3DytqChBYQ1Q8bJD8BDUrwLVyRwCS7HhARkbkAtYioWBUFRGL1_V5jFsJkVJwCa&wd=&eqid=dfcec699000278e0000000025aa104b5>
 if we want to use ceph-volume.

> Also check the SMART values and verify that the disk isn't broken.
Because, every disk has the same problem.And only triggered by osd activating
operation.
If I deploy osd manually , I can see the “Structure needs cleaning” will come
out just after I try to start ceph-osd daemon;
It means, after I ran “start ceph-osd id=xxxx”, and then "ls -l
/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-xxx/current/meta” , there will be “Structure needs
cleaning"

> Do not attempt a XFS repair or something.
Yes xfs_repair has no effect.

Thank you!