On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Lazuardi Nasution
<mrxlazuar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jason,
>
> As long you don't activate any cache and single image for single client
> only, it seem impossible to have old data overwrite. May be, it is related
> to I/O pattern too. Anyway, maybe other Ceph users have different
> experience. It can be different result with different case.

Write operation (A) is sent to gateway X who cannot access the Ceph
cluster so the IO is queued. The initiator's multipath layer times out
and resents write operation (A) to gateway Y, followed by write
operation (A') to gateway Y. Shortly thereafter, gateway X is able to
send its delayed write operation (A) to the Ceph cluster and
overwrites write operation (A') -- thus your data went back in time.

--
Jason