On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Jason Dillaman <jdill...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> Maxim, can you provide steps for a reproducer?

Yes, but it involves adding two artificial delays: one in tcmu-runner and
another in kernel iscsi. If you're willing to take pains of recompiling
kernel and tcmu-runner on one of gateway nodes, I'll help to reproduce.

Generally, the idea of reproducer is simple: let's model a situation when
two stale requests got stuck in kernel mailbox waiting to be consumed by
tcmu-runner, and another one got stuck in iscsi layer -- immediately after
reading iscsi request from the socket. If we unblock tcmu-runner after
newer data went through another gateway, the first stale request will
switch tcmu-runner state from LOCKED to UNLOCKED state, then the second
stale request will trigger alua_thread to re-acquire the lock, so when the
third request comes to tcmu-runner, the lock is already reacquired and it
goes to OSD smoothly overwriting newer data.