---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brad Hubbard <bhubb...@redhat.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] inconsistent pgs :- stat mismatch in whiteouts
To: shrey chauhan <shrey.chau...@enclouden.com>
Cc: ceph-users <ceph-us...@ceph.com>

Too late for me today.

If you send your reply to the list someone else may provide an answer
more expansive than the following.

An object flagged as a "whiteout" logically does not exist. I believe
this is a way for a cache tier to cache the fact that this object does
not exist so it does not have to forward IO requests for that object
to the backing cache, it can just immediately notify the client that
the object does not exist.

Not sure why the scrub is uncovering mismatching values for whiteouts,
but that's what is happening.

--
Cheers,
Brad