2 Things about this.  First, Mons do not communicate over the cluster
network.  Only OSD daemons send any traffic over that network.  Mons, MDS,
RGW, MGR, etc all communicate over the public network.  OSDs communicate
with all clients, Mons, etc on the public network and with each other on
the cluster network.  That is for sharing extra replicas to other OSDs,
backfilling, recovering, pinging each other to see if things are up and
running. etc.

Second, What will happen if you change the cluster network on 1 node and
not the others is that the other nodes will report to the Mons that every
OSD on that node is down because they won't respond to pings and the 1 node
will report to the Mons that every other OSD in the cluster is down. Making
changes to the cluster network is easiest by stopping all OSDs and starting
them back up with the new settings.