From: Gregory Farnum <gfar...@redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 22:45
To: Sander van Schie / True
Cc: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Performance issues with deep-scrub since upgrading
from v12.2.2 to v12.2.5

Yes. Deep scrub of a bucket index pool requires reading all the omap keys, and
the rgw bucket indices can get quite large. The OSD will limit the number of
keys it reads at a time to try and avoid overwhelming things.

We backported to luminous (but after the 12.2.5 release, it looks like) a
commit that would let client requests preempt the scrubbing reads, which would
make it restart several times if the bucket index keeps getting written to. I
think there may also have been a bug fix where the OSD had been able to issue
client access during some scrubs that could result in issues, but I'm not sure
when that backport would have happened.

I'd try and figure out why the RGW resharding wasn't working properly though,
as preventing resharding when it wants to is inviting issues with the
underlying RADOS objects.
-Greg