On 6/28/18, 12:11 AM, "kefu chai" <tchai...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > What is the state of the RDMA code in the Ceph Luminous and later
releases?

    in Ceph, the RDMA support has been constantly worked on. xio messenger
    support was added 4 years ago, but i don't think it's maintained
    anymore. and async messenger was IB protocol support. i think that's
    what you wanted to try out. recently, we added the iWARP support to
    the async messenger, see https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/20297. that
    change also brought better connection management by using rdma-cm to
    Ceph. and i believe to get RDMA support we should have
    https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/14681, which is still pending on
    review.

    > When will it be production ready?
    the RDMA support in Ceph is completely driven by our community. and we
    don't have the hardware (NIC) for testing RoCEv2/iWARP, not to mention
    IB. so i can hardly tell from the maintainer's perspective.
    --
    Regards
    Kefu Chai

Hi Kefu,
  Thanks for the detailed explanation. Looks like, we will have to wait for few
releases to get a supported and production ready RDMA support in ceph.

Thanks,
Nitin