Hi all,

I updated an existing Luminous cluster to Mimic 13.2.1. All daemons were updated, so I did ceph osd require-osd-release mimic, so everything seems up to date.

I want to try the snapshots in Mimic, since this should be stable, so i ran:

[root@osd2801 alleee]# ceph fs set cephfs allow_new_snaps true
enabled new snapshots

Now, when I try to create a snapshot, it is not working:

[root@osd2801 ~]# mkdir /mnt/bla/alleee/aaas
[root@osd2801 ~]# mkdir /mnt/bla/alleee/aaas/.snap
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/bla/alleee/aaas/.snap’: File exists

I tried this using ceph-fuse and the kernel client, but always get the same response.

Should I enable something else to get snapshots working ?

Thank you!

Kenneth