Hi,

Thanks for the response - I am still unsure as to what will happen to the
"marker" reference in the bucket metadata, as this is the object that is
being detected as Large.  Will the bucket generate a new "marker" reference
in the bucket metadata?

I've been reading this page to try and get a better understanding of this
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/radosgw/layout/

However I'm no clearer on this (and what the "marker" is used for), or why
there are multiple separate "bucket_id" values (with different mtime
stamps) that all show as having the same number of shards.

If I were to remove the old bucket would I just be looking to execute

rados - p .rgw.buckets.index rm .dir.default.5689810.107

Is the differing marker/bucket_id in the other buckets that was found also
an indicator?  As I say, there's a good number of these, here's some
additional examples, though these aren't necessarily reporting as large
omap objects:

"BUCKET1", "default.281853840.479", "default.105206134.5",
"BUCKET2", "default.364663174.1", "default.349712129.3674",

Checking these other buckets, they are exhibiting the same sort of symptoms
as the first (multiple instances of radosgw-admin metadata get showing what
seem to be multiple resharding processes being run, with different mtimes
recorded).

Thanks
Chris