Hello John,

did you try
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/mimic/rados/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-mon/#preparing-your-logs
?

 At this point I'd prefer to just give up on it and assume it's in a bad
> state and recover it from the working monitors. What's the best way to go
> about this?

As long as you remaining MONs, you can remove it and add it again. However
I would suggest to find out whats wrong with it.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.ver...@croit.io
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx