Hi Florian,

You assumed correctly, the "test" container (private) was created with the
"openstack container create test", then I am using the S3 API to
enable/disable object versioning on it.
I use the following Python snippet to enable/disable S3 bucket versioning:

import boto, boto.s3, boto.s3.connection
conn = conn = boto.connect_s3(aws_access_key_id='***',
aws_secret_access_key='***', host='***', port=8080,
calling_format=boto.s3.connection.OrdinaryCallingFormat())
bucket = conn.get_bucket('test')
bucket.configure_versioning(True) # Or False to disable S3 bucket versioning
bucket.get_versioning_status()

> Semi-related: I've seen some interesting things when mucking around with
> a single container/bucket while switching APIs, when it comes to
> container properties and metadata. For example, if you set a public read
> ACL on an S3 bucket, the the corresponding Swift container is also
> publicly readable but its read ACL looks empty (i.e. private) when you
> ask via the Swift API.

This can definitely become a problem if Swift API says "private" but data
is actually publicly available.
Since the doc says "S3 and Swift APIs share a common namespace, so you may
write data with one API and retrieve it with the other", it might be useful
to document this kind of limitations somewhere.

Cheers,
/ Maxime