I'm getting some "new" (to me) hardware that I'm going to upgrade my home
Ceph cluster with.  Currently it's running a Proxmox cluster (Debian) which
precludes me from upgrading to Mimic.  I am thinking about taking the
opportunity to convert most of my VMs into containers and migrate my
cluster into a K8s + Rook configuration now that Ceph is [1] stable on Rook.

I haven't ever configured a K8s cluster and am planning to test this out on
VMs before moving to it with my live data.  Has anyone done a migration
from a baremetal Ceph cluster into K8s + Rook?  Additionally what is a good
way for a K8s beginner to get into managing a K8s cluster.  I see various
places recommend either CoreOS or kubeadm for starting up a new K8s cluster
but I don't know the pros/cons for either.

As far as migrating the Ceph services into Rook, I would assume that the
process would be pretty simple to add/create new mons, mds, etc into Rook
with the baremetal cluster details.  Once those are active and working just
start decommissioning the services on baremetal.  For me, the OSD migration
should be similar since I don't have any multi-device OSDs so I only need
to worry about migrating individual disks between nodes.

[1] https://blog.rook.io/rook-v0-9-new-storage-backends-in-town-ab952523ec53