Hello,

My question is how crush distributes chunks throughout the cluster with
erasure coded pools. Currently, we have 4 OSD nodes with 36 drives(OSD
daemons) per node. If we use ceph_failire_domaon=host, then we are
necessarily limited to k=3,m=1, or k=2,m=2. We would like to explore k>3,
m>2 modes of coding but are unsure how the crush rule set will distribute
the chunks if we set the crush_failure_domain to OSD

Ideally, we would like CRUSH to distribute the chunks hierarchically so to
spread them evenly across the nodes. For example, all chunks are on a
single node.

Are chunks evenly spread by default? If not, how might we go about
configuring them?

Cheers,
Ravi

---

Ravi Patel, PhD
Machine Learning Systems Lead
Email: r...@kheironmed.com

--

*Kheiron Medical Technologies*

kheironmed.com
<http://kheironmed.com/> | supporting radiologists with deep learning

Kheiron Medical Technologies Ltd. is a registered company in England and
Wales. This e-mail and its attachment(s) are intended for the above named
only and are confidential. If they have come to you in error then you must
take no action based upon them but contact us immediately. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Although this e-mail and
its attachments are believed to be free of any virus, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free. If you
contact us by e-mail then we will store your name and address to facilitate
communications. Any statements contained herein are those of the individual
and not the organisation.

Registered number: 10184103. Registered
office: RocketSpace, 40 Islington High Street, London, N1 8EQ