I bet you'd see better memstore results with my vector based object
implementation instead of bufferlists.

Where can I find it?

Nick Fisk noticed the same
thing you did.  One interesting observation he made was that disabling
CPU C/P states helped bluestore immensely in the iodepth=1 case.

This is exactly what I've done by `cpupower idle-set -D 0`. It basically increases iops 2-3 times.

Pipelined writes were added in rocksdb 5.5.1 back in the summer of 2017. That wasn't available when bluestore was being written.

In fact ... it slightly confuses me because even now bluestore IS writing to rocksdb from multiple threads sometimes. It's when bluestore_sync_submit_transaction is on and the write doesn't require aio (= when it's a deferred write) and when it holds several other conditions. It calls db->submit_transaction from the tp_osd_tp thread then.