Hi,

On 5/22/19 5:53 PM, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:22 AM Burkhard Linke <burkhard.li...@computational.bio.uni-giessen.de <mailto:burkhard.li...@computational.bio.uni-giessen.de>> wrote:

    Hi,

    On 5/21/19 9:46 PM, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
    > I'm at a new job working with Ceph again and am excited to back
    in the
    > community!
    >
    > I can't find any documentation to support this, so please help me
    > understand if I got this right.
    >
    > I've got a Jewel cluster with CephFS and we have an inconsistent
    PG.
    > All copies of the object are zero size, but the digest says that it
    > should be a non-zero size, so it seems that my two options are,
    delete
    > the file that the object is part of, or rewrite the object with
    RADOS
    > to update the digest. So, this leads to my question, how to I tell
    > which file the object belongs to.
    >
    > From what I found, the object is prefixed with the hex value of the
    > inode and suffixed by the stripe number:
    > 1000d2ba15c.00000005
    > <inode hex>.<hex stripe number>
    >
    > I then ran `find . -xdev -inum 1099732590940` and found a file
    on the
    > CephFS file system. I just want to make sure that I found the right
    > file before I start trying recovery options.

    The first stripe XYZ.00000000 has some metadata stored as xattr
    (rados
    xattr, not cephfs xattr). One of the entries has the key 'parent':

When you say 'some' is it a fixed offset that the file data starts? Is the first stripe just metadata?

No, the first stripe contains the first 4 MB of a file by default,. The xattr and omap data are stored separately.

Regards,

Burkhard