What would be the most appropriate procedure to move blockdb/wal to SSD?

1.- remove the OSD and recreate it (affects the performance)
ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data <device> --block.wal
<wal-device> --block.db <db-device>

2.- Follow the documentation
http://heiterbiswolkig.blogs.nde.ag/2018/04/08/migrating-bluestores-block-db/

3.- Follow the documentation
https://swamireddy.wordpress.com/2016/02/19/ceph-how-to-add-the-ssd-journal/

Thanks for the help

El dom., 7 jul. 2019 a las 14:39, Christian Wuerdig (<
christian.wuer...@gmail.com>) escribió:

> One thing to keep in mind is that the blockdb/wal becomes a Single Point
> Of Failure for all OSDs using it. So if that SSD dies essentially you have
> to consider all OSDs using it as lost. I think most go with something like
> 4-8 OSDs per blockdb/wal drive but it really depends how risk-averse you
> are, what your budget is etc. Given that you only have 5 nodes I'd probably
> go for fewer OSDs per blockdb device.
>

> On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 at 02:16, Davis Mendoza Paco <davis.men...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I have installed ceph luminous, witch 5 nodes(45 OSD), each OSD server
>> supports up to 16HD and I'm only using 9
>>
>> I wanted to ask for help to improve IOPS performance since I have about
>> 350 virtual machines of approximately 15 GB in size and I/O processes are
>> very slow.
>> You who recommend me?
>>
>> In the documentation of ceph recommend using SSD for the journal, my
>> question is
>> How many SSD do I have to enable per server so that the journals of the 9
>> OSDs can be separated into SSDs?
>>
>> I currently use ceph with OpenStack, on 11 servers with SO Debian Stretch:
>> * 3 controller
>> * 3 compute
>> * 5 ceph-osd
>>   network: bond lacp 10GB