On 19/7/19 8:21 pm, Stuart Longland wrote:
> I'm now getting about 5MB/sec I/O speeds in my VMs.
>
> I'm contemplating whether I migrate back to using Filestore (on XFS this
> time, since BTRFS appears to be a rude word despite Ceph v10 docs
> suggesting it as a good option), but I'm not sure what the road map is
> for supporting Filestore long-term.

I'll do some measurements, but migrating 3 of the 5 nodes back to FileStore:

- I'm seeing fewer "time-out" messages sending and receiving emails (as
the mail server here is now more responsive)
- `ceph health -w` reports fewer "slow" requests
- where a slow request is reported, so far I've only seen it call out
BlueStore-based OSDs as the culprits.

I'll do some proper measurements once the migration is complete.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.