Hi,

Using the S3 gateway I store ~4 million small files in my cluster every
day. I have a lifecycle setup to move these files to cold storage after a
day and delete them after two days.

The default storage is SSD based and the cold storage is HDD.

However the rgw lifecycle process cannot keep up with this. In a 24 hour
period. A little less than a million files are moved per day (
https://imgur.com/a/H52hD2h ). I have tried only enabling the delete part
of the lifecycle, but even though it deleted from SSD storage, the result
is the same. The screenshots are taken while there is no incoming files to
the cluster.

I'm running 5 rgw servers, but that doesn't really change anything from
when I was running less. I've tried adjusting rgw lc max objs, but again no
change in performance.

Any suggestions on how I can tune the lifecycle process?

Cheers,
Christian